Saturday, February 23, 2008

PEOPLE'S FACES

Painting faces has always been a daring experience for me. So far I have chosen people who are either close to me or whose faces are a challenge to my skill. Some times I don't reach my goal, but in the process I learn many things, patience and frustration management among them. I am pleased to introduce "my people" to you.


Lucia, a sweet girl, in my own very private eyes












Unknown mouth and nose











Sometimes details tells more than the whole face











A famous look - who knows him? Disguised by himself









Michael in New York enjoying a happy free ride








Atsuko, Michael's high school friend












A New England lady's profile
















Michael and mother sleeping peacefully















Virgen de la Esperanza, copy












This is part of a painting by Belgium painter Rogier van der Weyden. The folds in Magdalena's head covering intrigued me (copy)













Native Brazilian











Julie, Michael's high school friend










The tenderness of the moment made me copy this painting by a British artist
















My very first attempt, also and, most important, a great friend, Patricia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.